Spend the first 10-15 minutes working on Handstand Push-ups.
(Optional Skill work)
Max Rep Handstand Push-ups
-Take 2-3 minutes rest in between sets
- 10 Deadlift (M-275 W-185)
- 50 Double Unders
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
Post number of pull-ups completed for each round to comments.
Compare to June 23, 2010
The CrossFit Open starts on February 22nd and is an international competition. It’s not about getting to regionals for everyone. It’s about competing, doing your best and having fun.
1. Please register ASAP. The more people the better. Even if you don’t have a chance of doing all the workouts RX, doing judged workouts in a competition environment will push you to be a much better athlete and teach you the meaning of movement standards.
2. Workouts will be held on Saturdays at 10AM and 12 Noon. Only officially registered athletes can do the WODs during these times.We have to be finished by 11AM on Saturdays, so please make sure you arrive on time.
3. You will be asked to judge one other person if you are showing up to compete.
4. You should leave score sheets in the office once you have your recorded score.
5. You have to join the Open if you want to be on our affiliate team. We will use the scores from the open to help make our decision if we make it to regionals.
Spend the first 10-15 minutes warming up to the weight you want to use for the wod.
5 Minute AMRAP of
In this movement, the barbell goes from ground to overhead with the athlete passing through a full squat position while the barbell is racked on the shoulders. This can be a full-squat-clean-thruster, a power-clean-front-squat-split-jerk, or anything in between as long as the three key positions are reached. The barbell begins on the ground. Touch and go is permitted. No bouncing. The athlete must pass through a full squat with hips below knees. The barbell must come to full lockout overhead with the hips, knees and arms fully extended, and the bar directly over the heels.
Compare April 7th, 2011
-Use the remainder of your time in class to work on your goat
Complete as many reps as possible in 10 min of:
rest 3-5 minutes
Clock starts for run on rising from last squat.
The Tabata Bottom to Bottom Squat is a Tabata Squat but each rep begins at the bottom and ends at the bottom. The turn around at the top is immediate – no pause. The ten-second rest for each interval is also held at the bottom of the squat as opposed to the top. Interestingly, this squat, in contrast to the “normal” Tabata squat, motivates full hip extension. Also, the ten second rests don’t seem as short with this protocol!
Record tabata score and mile time separately.
Compare to October 3, 2011
Spend the first 10-15 minutes working on muscle ups, ring dips or transitions. Please share the rings, if needed.
Deadlift M-135 W-95
-If there are not enough bars use DBs for the deadlift
**10 minute cut-off**
Increase weight each round, 2 minutes rest in between sets
Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of:
This is a timed workout. If you complete the round of 21, go on to 24. If you complete 24, go on to 27, etc.
Compare April 28, 2011