Spend 10 minutes working on the Clean & Jerk. Go light and rest as needed.
With a partner, complete 5 rounds each of:
- Power Clean x 5 (185/135#)
- Handstand Hold while partner is on barbell
- Slam Ball Toss over Pull-up Bar x 50 total (25/15#)
Spend 10 minutes building to a heavy single Turkish Get-up per arm.
5 rounds (with a light-weight sandbag or vest):
- Sprint to the Railroad Tracks
- Walk back
- The get-ups can start from standing (i.e., “reverse” style), and be sure to warm up thoroughly for the sprints.
AMRAP in 25 mins:
- Muscle-up x 7
- Thruster (155/115#) x 11
- Toes-to-Bar x 14
- Compare to here.
- Scale to 15 minutes if needed.
U.S. Army First Lieutenant Thomas M. Martin, 27, of Ward, Arkansas, assigned to the 1st Squadron, 40th Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, based in Fort Richardson, Alaska, died on October 14, 2007 in Al Busayifi, Iraq, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit with small arms fire. He is survived by his parents, Edmund and Candis Martin; sisters Sarah Hood, Becky Martin, and Laura Martin; fiancee, Erika Noyes; and grandmother, E. Jean Martin.
Standing Press @ 20X0; 3-2-1-3-2-1; One set every 90 sec
- KB Snatch (53/35#) x 10 / arm
- Wall Walk x 5
Accumulate 2 mins in an L-sit on parallettes or rings.
Remember, we are hosting a yoga class tonight from 7:45 – 8:30 pm. Free for members, $5 for non-members! Even 2010 CrossFit Games Champion Graham Holmberg does yoga.
Weighted Pull-up @ 20X0; 3-2-1-3-2-1; One set every 90 sec
- 20 sec Air Squats
- 10 sec Rest in Active Bottom of Squat
Run 1 mile.
- Wave-loading on the weighted pull-ups today. If you normally use bands, consider trying negatives today instead.
- The rests during the squats should be held in the active bottom position, but you can scale it to passive.
- The time for the mile run begins after the last 20 sec squat interval.
Deadlift @ X0X0; 3-2-1-3-2-1; One set every 2 mins
21-15-9 for time:
- Handstand Push-ups
- Ring Dips
- We are wave-loading the deadlifts today (e.g., 200-210-220-210-220-230), and feel free to drop the bar at the top.
- 12-minute timecap for JT, so scale appropriately.
Bench Press @ 30X0; 6 sets of 4 reps; rest 90 sec btwn sets
Each minute on the minute, 1 rep each the first minute, 2 the second, 3 the third…:
- KB Swing (70/53#) x 1
- Goblet Squat (70/53#) x 1
- Burpee x 1
Go until you run out of time (with a 15-minute timecap).