We’re starting a Sunday Recipe post for you guys. It will include paleo/primal menu items and anyone can submit stuff. This week is from Meg!
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup diced red peppers (or roasted red peppers)
- 1 bag spinach
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 large portabello caps, stem and gills removed
- olive oil
- pepper to taste
– preheat oven to 400
– heat olive oil in cast iron skillet and sautee onion till slightly cooked, about 1 minute. Add red peppers and spinach and continue to saute till cooked, about 10 minutes. Toss pine nuts into mixture.
– drizzle olive oil over each cap, spread feta cheese evenly over each mushroom and top with sauteed spinach mixture.
– bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, till mushrooms are cooked
NY strip and Shoestring zucchini
- 2 small zucchini, sliced as thin as possible.
- 2 NY strip steaks
Sear the NY strip in a pan for about a minute on each side and then continued to cook the steak over medium heat till steaks were med rare, approx 6 minutes on each side depending on size of steak and desired cook temp. Add the zucchini with a tablespoon of olive oil in same pan as the steaks and cook for 6 mintues or until soft. Serve and enjoy.
1 thought on “Sunday Recipe: NY Strip, Stuffed Portabello, Shoestring Zucchini”
Sunday recipes! YAY! Made this last night. YUMMMMMMM.