Labor Day Schedule: Only open at 5:30PM for our regular classes and 6:15pm for new starting on ramp program! Please contact us if you are still deciding so that we can get you in the program. If you are new to the gym (visitor and starting on ramp), please arrive 15 minutes early to fill out waivers.
Strength Cycle Details
We’re starting round two of a very effective strength program which is a variation of Mark Rippetoe starting strength cycle. It’s based on our schedule, our equipment and some good pointers from Wichita Falls Weightlifting. As part of this new cycle, we’ll be doing heavy lifts about 4 times per week. We also will prove to you that weightlifting in this way does not create bulky females or bodybuilder arms. With proper nutrition you all should lean out during this period. We’ve programmed it for 6 to 7 weeks, but may go longer depending on how things are going.
* Monday – Squat + shorter metcon
* Tuesday – Heavy Deadlift + shorter metcon
* Wednesday – Longer Metcon + skillwork
* Thursday – Squat + Press
* Friday – Power Cleans + shorter metcon
* Saturday – Makeup
* Wednesdays and Saturdays will be your best days for rest and will both work with our cycle.
* We want you ALL to try to hit every strength day or make it up.
* Weights will start at about 60 to 70% of your 1RM. You will NOT change weights during sets. Rest times in the beginning will be 30 to 90 seconds and 60 to 180 seconds for later weeks. Weights will move up by 2 to 5% per week. This is much faster than we regularly rest between sets, but with good partnering and organized coaching it will be doable.
5-5-5-5-5 Back Squat (60 to 70% of your max, it shouldn’t feel too heavy; weights will increase in future weeks, no changing weights in the middle of sets, time is important: 60 seconds between sets)
3 Rounds of
- 400 Meter Run
- 21 Kettlebell Swings (54#/35#)
- 12 Pullups