Mobility “Overhead Squat Prep”
- Test: Overhead squat with bar/pvc pipe. Mobilize hips or shoulders, then retest before you mobilize the end.
- Mob: 2 min in the “front” rack stretch, each side
- 1 min exploring the hip before winding it up and going belly button over foot for 2 min of hold relax stretching. (3min per hip)
5 Rounds of
- 5 Push Press (111# / 77#)
- 5 Power Snatch (111# / 77#)
- 5 Overhead Squats (111# / 77#)
- 5 Lateral Burpees Jumping Over The Bar
22 thoughts on “Wednesday Workout: High Five!”
6:01 (24#PP, 20# hang power snatch & OHS)
Kelly Starrett blog http://mobilitywod.blogspot.com/
and then 3 more jumping muscle-up thingies (the lock-out at top is what I care about) with the top of the rings at about 72″. Still no ring dip. Funny that.
8:43 @ 77lbs.
8:24 @ 47#
WOD: 13:43 @77# except last 10 reps @67# (did I do six rounds?)
Sixth round confirmed. Must have been unconsciously feeling guilty about missing CrossFit while I am on my trip to Jordan and wanted to put in 20% more effort (or I can’t count and workout at the same time).
15 something Rx (peeps watching said there was an accidental 6th round)
Snatches – not my friend yet… the day will come
Eating peanut butter straight outta the jar before crossfit – bad idea
Andddddd first strict muscle up!!!
You are Ms. Marvel!!!
8:33- 15#pp, 20# for PS, OHS
Super fun…gotta love the snatch!!
Can we use sidewalk chalk on the concrete to keep track of rounds? It wipes off super easy and then we wouldn’t have so many extra rounds…and crossfit gods forbid if we accidentally missed a round!! =)
Too much “real work” and not enough training…
10:30 (85#, hang power snatch)