Since we are competing in the CrossFit Games Open on Saturdays (everyone is invited, even if you scale), we are programming to match this schedule for the next 6 weeks. Volume will be slightly reduced during the week and we will try to focus on movements that make sense given past and predicted future workouts.
- Monday – Strength Movement + Short Metcon
- Tuesday – Longer Metcon
- Wednesday – Strength/Metcon Based on the Competition Workout for that Week
- Thursday – More Strength/Metcon Based on the Competition Workout for that Week (suggested rest day for competitors)
- Friday – Programming the Saturday Competition Workout (you should rest on Friday if you are doing the competition)
- Saturday @ 1PM – Competition!
FYI: Workouts are announced at 8PM on Tuesdays.
We will be doing a CrossFit Total on Tuesday of next week.
2 thoughts on “Competition Programming Cycle”
So Fridays will be exactly the same as Saturday at 1pm? (from the perspective of those interested in competing for fun but not interested/capable of competing in the official sense)
ahh… what to do? tues/thurs metcon? or oly? or both? getting mixed signals