End of Summer Changes
Hello everyone, the summer is in full swing and we’ve been able to grow throughout the year. We expect a super busy fall and are doing as much as we can to deal with all the new faces (and returning faces) we’ll see this fall. We are so happy to have you part of our community and will continue to bring the best in community, fitness and fun to the Charlottesville area. Some upcoming changes to expect in late August/Early September:
- Added trainer for afternoon classes. We will add an assistant trainer to the Monday through Thursday, 4:45PM through 6:15PM classes so that you will get more attention during busy times.
- Return of a youth training program. We will add our youth fitness training program when Chris G returns.
- Launching a Barbell Club. We will open the gym for more hours for those interested in working on powerlifts and olympic lifts. We have two returning trainers who will lead these classes and we are looking forward to welcoming Jon F and Elizabeth B back into our community.
- Yoga Classes. We are in the search for a yoga instructor to offer 7:45PM (post workout) yoga classes to our members. We plan to offer yoga once or twice per week depending on demand. Join us this wednesday at 7:45PM for a yoga class!
- More class times. You can expect an expanded schedule in the fall. We are still working out the details and will have a post up soon to vote for preferred time slots.
- SuperFit Games! If you want to compete or volunteer, visit our superfit games website for more info. Our Charlottesville event is the first weekend in February.
I know there are a lot of new people in the gym and we want to keep making the gym a great community for everyone. I encourage you to review the gym rules on our whiteboard and a lot of the articles we’ve written in the past about your gym experience. A few things to remember:
- Tardiness. We know that every now and then things happen and you are late, but being late is dangerous to yourself and difficult for a trainer to manage. Please be on time to class.
- Chalk usage. Chalk usage has been way too high and it’s been making the gym very messy. Please don’t make us remove chalk from the gym. You do not need piles of chalk on your hands or the bars to do better in a workout. A light chalk coating on your hands is all you need. Please be conservative as it makes the gym very messy.
- Children. We don’t have enough room to build a children’s area in the gym, and we want to be children friendly. But please, if you bring your children, make sure they do not wander around the gym and stay in the same place during a workout. We’ve had many people express concerns for the safety of the children in the gym.
- Clean up! Along with chalk, please make sure you remember to clean up your bars, bands, boxes and anything else you leave in the gym. Use the provided cleaners if applicable.
- Rowers. The rowers have a giant rubberband that gets stretched if you store them with the handle in the latch. Please remember to take the handles off the latch. If you store them against the wall, please remember to tilt the computer down, so the computer doesn’t get injured.
- Dogs. We have a few members who are allergic to pets, so we can’t have dogs in the gym starting August 1st.