In an effort to give our programming a yearly structure, we will begin to roughly follow this outline from Ben Bergeron of CrossFit New England:
- Sept-Oct: Absolute strength
- Nov-Dec: Speed strength
- Jan-Feb: Strength endurance / Open prep
- Mar-Apr: Open workouts / Regional prep
- May-June: Endurance / Regional workouts
- July-Aug: Games prep / Skills
Whether or not you have the CrossFit Games podium in your sights, this sort of planning allows for lots of goal-oriented training. Speaking of goals, have you ever clicked that link on the right and Set Your 4-Week Goal? And don’t worry, this outline is just a rough guide to help us all improve our overall fitness. We will still lift heavy, sprint fast, and do longer efforts all year round. Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions, comments, or suggestions!