We are happy to announce two upcoming yoga classes taught by the highly-recommended Annie Runkle from Ashtanga Yoga:
- Thursday, November 8th from 7:45 to 8:30 pm
- Sunday, November 25th from 4:00 to 4:45 pm
Be sure to put these on your calendar and bring some friends. These classes will be free for members and $5 for non-members.
Also, on Saturday, December 15th we will host Jim Bathurst of BeastSkills.com fame for a full day of gymnastics seminars. In case you are unfamiliar with Jim and his work:
We will host two seminars: one for beginners in the morning and one for experienced athletes in the afternoon. Topics include mobility, handstands, muscle-ups, planches, and advanced ring skills. Be sure to keep an eye out for registration.
Lastly, here are a few gentle reminders about etiquette in the gym:
- Heavy and fast are relative terms. Strive for your own improvement day-to-day, scale your workouts appropriately, and remember Rule #1.
- Hold yourself to a higher standard of movement quality. Physical therapist Gray Cook says, “First move well, then move often.” This will accelerate your gains while reducing your chances of injury.
- Post your workout results to the comments on the website, as this allows you to track your progress over time.
- Submit your Sunday recipes to email@example.com!
- Take a moment and read some articles that you may have missed.