Reminder: We are closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Check our Winter Holiday Schedule here.
For those of you who have been working hard over the last several weeks of heavy lifting, take a few days off and let your body recover. If you are itching to move, here are some workout options that require little to no equipment:
- Climb a tree.
- Hike in the woods.
- Practice your handstand.
- Work on your single-leg pistol squats.
- Do Cindy, Mary, or Barbara.
- Check out a yoga class.
- Go swimming (bonus points if outside).
- Meditate (technically not moving).
Lastly, here are some quick and easy nutrition tips for the holiday season:
- Eat large amounts of protein at each meal to avoid cravings for processed carbs.
- Get enough sleep to feel energetic and refreshed so that you choose better food.
- Skip the milk and sugar in your coffee. (If it still tastes bad, then drink better coffee.)
- Skip the sugary mixers in your drinks. Liquor and red wine are better options.
- Consider trying intermittent fasting. It’s as easy as just not eating every now and then.
- Don’t stress out if you splurge a little bit; simply get right back on track afterwards.