This week’s recipe is a delicious Beef Chili adapted from Melissa Joulwan’s recipe from The Clothes Make The Girl, thanks to Jenni.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted, chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- Heat coconut oil in large pot over medium heat. Dice onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add ground beef and stir in until no longer pink.
- Combine seasonings in a separate bowl and then add to the pot. Once mixed, add in tomato paste and the chopped tomatoes including the juice. Once stirred, add in the water and bring the whole pot to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Allow the pot to simmer for at least 2 hours (the longer the better!). Serve with avocado slices, spinach, pesto, or a side of Brussels sprouts. Devour!