This week’s recipe is a Sweet Potato and Apple Salad courtesy of Meg!
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small raw sweet potato, peeled and finely julienned
- 1 tart apple, peeled and finely julienned
- 3-4 stalks celery, very thinly sliced
- 5 small radishes, very thinly sliced
- 5 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (we used black)
- 1 handful cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- In a small bowl or food processor, combine lemon juice, olive oil, and ginger. Mix until throughly combined and the consistency of a vinaigrette.
- In another bowl, combine sweet potato, apple, celery, scallions, radishes, sesame seeds, and cilantro.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and season with salt and pepper.
- The key to this recipe is to be sure the sweet potato and apple are finely julienned.