This week’s recipe is a Chicken Soup courtesy of Martha!
- 3/4 of one whole organic chicken (including neck and things)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- Vegetables of choice (celery, carrots, turnips, potato, winter squash)
- Seasonings of choice (curry, tumeric, chopped ginger, parsley, cilantro)
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cover the chicken with water and bay leaves. Bring to boil. Simmer one hour.
- Remove chicken. Add onions, garlic, vegetables, and seasonings.
- Simmer about 30 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add the chicken meat back, without bones and skin, plus the coconut milk.
- When hot, add salt and pepper to taste. Done! (When re-serving you can skim off excess fat.)
1 thought on “Sunday Recipe: Chicken Soup”