This week’s recipe is a Skillet Cinnamon Apple Clafouti courtesy of Kim!
- 1 medium sweet apple (pink lady, fuji, etc.), peeled and chopped
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 TBS canned coconut milk (full-fat)
- Splash vanilla extract
- 1.5 TBS coconut flour
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon, or more to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: pure maple syrup for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Preheat small oven-safe skillet over medium-low heat (I use an 8″ cast iron one).
- While skillet heats up whisk together eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add coconut flour, cinnamon, and salt, and whisk thoroughly again and set aside.
- Once skillet is hot, add coconut oil, let melt, then add chopped apple.
- Saute apple for approximately 5-6 minutes or until softened.
- Pour egg/coconut mixture over apple pieces, making sure its evenly distributed. Let sit undisturbed for about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet to pre-heated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, until puffy and top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly in skillet, then plate and drizzle with optional maple syrup.
- Serve. Makes 1-2 servings depending if you feel like sharing or not.
- If you do not have cast iron or are using different material, adjust baking time by a couple minutes (give or take); just watch for the top to puff up and turn golden brown.
- You can also make this in a comparable sized baking dish. Just saute apples as written, then place in a greased baking dish, pour egg/coconut mixture over top, place in oven, and bake for at least 25 minutes; if not done then watch in 5 minute increments until top is golden and puffy.
2 thoughts on “Sunday Recipe: Skillet Cinnamon Apple Clafouti”
any way to make this vegan?
I do not have any experience with vegan cooking so I don’t know how you would be able to adapt this. Sorry :\