The following recipe, courtesy of Elizabeth, is adapted from the PB&J cookie recipe from Elana’s Pantry.
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- jam/jelly/preserve of your choice (I use a local blackberry preserve)
- Blend together the almond butter, coconut oil, honey, and egg.
- Add in the almond meal, flax meal, and sea salt until you have a homogeneous consistency.
- Preheat your over to 350, and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of the batter on the cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- Using your thumb, make a small depression in the center of each dough ball. Place about 1 teaspoon of jam/jelly/preserve there.
- Bake for 10 minutes (bottom edges should be a darker color than the rest of the cookie).
- Allow to cool, and then eat! Warning: these don’t last long.