Today’s recipe is a Beef Kidney in Red Wine Sauce courtesy of Jenni!
- 1 lb beef kidney
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter (Kerrygold is a favorite)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/8 tbsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry the kidney. Using a paring knife, cut the membrane and remove the fat and tubes from each cube. Place the cubes in a medium-sized bowl and cover with cold water and the two vinegars. Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes. This helps remove the beefy odor.
- During the soaking time, prepare the onions and mushrooms.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter and olive oil. Throw in the kidney cubes and allow them to brown, tossing them every now and then.
- Remove the kidney from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan and allow them to cook. Allow the onions to become translucent. Add your seasoning.
- At this time, include the red wine and allow to cook for a minute.
- Add the kidney cubes and stir around. Allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve on a plate with cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles, or spaghetti squash!