This week’s recipe features Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Rounds courtesy of Fashaya!
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto, plus 1/4 cup for tops (*see recipe below)
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound fresh grass-fed beef (I used a pound instead of splitting it with Veal)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 pound fresh ground veal
- 4 slices bacon (I used bacon from The Organic Butcher – it’s the best in town)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add veal, beef, almond flour, pesto, herbs, salt, pepper, onion,and garlic.
- In a small separate bowl, whisk in the egg and add it to meat mixture.
- With your hands or a spoon, combine the mixture until well incorporated.
- Form mixture into 4 equal rounds and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Wrap bacon strips around each meatloaf round. Top each round with additional sundried tomato pesto.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the meatloaf is cooked to desired doneness. Makes 4 rounds
*Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil if you can, rehydrate per instructions if dried)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (a small bunch)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste and herbs to your food processor and blend.
- Stream in the olive oil until the pesto comes together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.