Work on squat clean thruster technique
On The Minute (OTM) For 16 Minutes
- Even Minutes: Dumbbell Squat Clean Thruster (35/20) x 5
- Odd Minutes: Ring Row x 5-10, Box Jump (18/12) x 3
OTM For 20 Minutes:
- Even Minutes: Touch and Go Squat Clean Thruster (115+/85+) x 5
- Odd Minutes: Muscle Up 2-3, Box Jump (30+/24+) x 3
Record Squat Clean Thruster weight, Muscle Up reps or “Pull” variation, and Box height.
*Notes: You perform the work at the top of the minute and then rest for the remainder of the minute. For example, if doing level 2: at “3-2-1 Go” you will do 5 TNG Squat Clean Thrusters, then rest until the top of the next minute, where you will then do 2-3 Muscle Ups and 3 Box Jumps. The ‘+’ means go heavier or higher if you can. These numbers are guidelines.
**Scale Muscle Ups to most challenging pulling variation for you. Ring muscle up –> bar muscle up –> strict chest to bar pull-up –> weighted pull-up –> strict pull-up–> strict banded pull-up –> pull-up negative, etc.
- Regular class make-up (10am and 11am) on June 8 is CANCELLED due to the weightlifting seminar we are hosting with Phil Sabatini. However, we will still be running ESSENTIALS and our FREE INTRO on June 8 at noon!
- Please note that we will be holding a regular CrossFit class make-up session on June 9 (Sunday) from 11am-12pm to make up for the cancellation.
- Send any recipes you would like to share for the Sunday recipe post to Scott! Anyone can contribute! Thanks
10 thoughts on “Friday Workout: Skill And Strength”
55#, ring rows/box dips, 24″
Went light bc hands were destroyed by murph
65#, 24”, red bands
115# for 7 rounds, then down to 95# for the last 3, Strict PU’s, 32″ Jump
115, most rounds broken
3 mu’s all unbroken
45#, thin blue bands, 20″ box (smallest height of the big ones under the pullup bars)
RX for 14 rounds. Lower back needs a break this weekend.
Thrusters @ 95#
2 muscle ups per round unbroken
30″ box jumps
3 squat clean thrusters per round @85#
2 bar muscle ups
3 box jumps (24″ w/ 45# plate)