This week’s recipe is Summer Squash Cakes courtesy of Elizabeth!
Ingredients (makes about 8 large pancakes)
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 1 T coconut flour (sifted)
- pinch sea-salt
- dash black pepper
- (optional: diced scallions, chopped garlic, basil, thyme… spices of your choice…)
- coconut oil (or leftover bacon grease)
- sift the spices and coconut flour together, then combine with the zucchini
- add in the eggs and stir thoroughly together
- once your oil (or grease) is well- heated (a drop of water should sizzle and pop), drop the batter onto it by the heaping tablespoon (I make mine about 3-4″ in diameter). Cook a couple minutes on each side, then remove from the stove.
Have a Paleo-friendly recipe you’d like to share? Submit it to Scott@crossfitcharlottesville.com and help feed the masses!