Warm up for the workout by performing the following complex with a PVC and then working up to your weight with the barbell
- Power Clean + Push Jerk + Front Rack Lunge
In Team of 2, Complete the Following for Time:
- Push Jerk (135/95) x 30
- Power Clean (135/95) x 40
- Barbell Lunge (135/95) x 50 (in front rack or on back)
Every 2 Minutes, no matter where you are in the workout, each partner will perform 5 “no push-up” burpees
Notes: For Level 1, substitute barbell movements with Dumbbells if necessary or teams can use separate barbells if performing work at different weights.
- Register for the “31 Heroes” Workout, August 3 from 10-12pm. See our Facebook event for more information
- “First Friday” pot-luck style BBQ will be held at the gym next Friday, August 2! RSVP on Facebook and bring your friends! The last event was a ton of fun and we hope everyone can make it out this time around. Come hang out and eat some good food with friends before kicking off the “31 Heroes” workout.
12 thoughts on “Friday Workout: Team Barbell Work”
nice gym shorts, Lauren!
she’s pulling a Baron
Awesome pic. 4:46 at 80# with Jenny.
Thanks for the torture this week Scott.
WOD: 14:45 Rx with Isaac who brought it
based on these times I think we did it wrong
8:38 Rx with Kiersten
5:32Rx with Andy M.
5:50 @55# with katie
6:36 @ 75# with Jess F. 🙂
Solo 1/2 WOD
15 PJ @ 135
20 PC @ 135 (done in 4min)
25 Lunges @ 95 (1st weighted lunges in 3mos…ouch)
8:49 I liked this one, wish my knee was strong, lunges are usually in my wheelhouse.
Nice job 5:30 🙂
On Saturday at Crossfit Rare
100 Push presses (65)
25m Tire flip (biggest one they had)
100 KB swings (70)
200m sled drag (45+sled)
100 Box jumps (24″)
400m run w/ slosh pipe
100 OHS (65)
Performed in teams of 3 one person working at a time while the other two maintain a static hold in the bottom of a squat. Every 5 min. everyone does 10 burpees. Good partners, Good times!
7:45 with Jess. I did 95 lbs on the lunges and jerks.