This week’s recipe comes from Elizabeth!
Coconut Chocolate Ice Cream (dairy-free, GF, refined-sugar free, egg free)
- 1 can coconut cream (I like Trader Joe’s brand, but Traditions brand sells it in larger quantities).
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 T (or more) cacao powder (I recommend Navitas Naturals)
- 1 T (Vietnamese) cinnamon (or more)
- 1 T chili powder (optional, but encouraged)
1. Heat everything up in a pot until all melted together (the bananas mush well).
2. Pour contents from stovetop into a freezer-safe container and pop in the freezer. (Optional: sprinkle dessicated coconut into this mixture for more texture and coconut-y flavor).
3. After an hour stir it up.
4. Then after another couple hours stir it up again. If you want it to have an ice-cream ‘texture’, pop it in the blender for a few seconds before serving, otherwise, just dig in with a spoon and enjoy!