Don’t forget about the 16.1 Open Watch Party tonight at the gym – the announcement begins at 8PM. See you there! What are your guesses for 16.1?
Back Squat x 1
Start around 50% of your 1RM and build EACH set until you get to a heavy single, NOT a max for the day. Goal is to finish somewhere around 80-90% of your 1RM depending on how you’re feeling. If sharing a rack with a partner, do your best to keep on the every minute schedule but don’t rush your sets.
15-12-9 Reps of Each for Time:
- Dumbbell Hang Power Clean
- Dumbbell Push Press
*Complete 50 Jump Rope Singles + 5 Burpees after each set completed (i.e. after completing 15 hang power cleans and 15 push press)
21-15-9 Reps of Each for Time:
- Hang Power Clean (115/85)
- Shoulder to Overhead (115/85)
*Complete 50 Double Unders after each set (i.e. after completing 21 hang power cleans and 21 push jerks, and so on..)
- Accumulate 5 minutes in a bottom of squat hold (not active squat) – use vertical rack for assistance if needed, or add 5# plate under heels
- 3 rounds of 60 seconds each leg couch stretch
- Total 3 minute foam roll each lat
- 2016 CrossFit Games Open: Registration for the 2016 CrossFit Games Open is Live! Head on over to the CrossFit Games Website for details and get yourself signed up! You have until Monday at 8PM to sign up, so don’t wait too long.
5 thoughts on “Thursday Workout: Back Squat, 21-15-9, Cool-down Gym Work”
BS: up to 165#
WOD: 8:35 @ 65# (left shoulder is still pissed off)