If you were unable to make it to the Nutrition Challenge Kick-off but still plan to join, please email Scott about setting up a time to do the initial pictures and measurements at the gym this week. Thanks!
Also, reminder for Nutrition Challengers – Mitchell from Complete Nutrition will be at the gym starting at 4PM on Tuesday (Apr 12) to do the InBody Body Composition Test. If you aren’t participating in the challenge, you are still welcome to use the scale when you come in!
Part 1: Pull-up Work, Week 2 Day 1:
Eccentric (0-4 reps)
- 5 Sets: 5 x Eccentric Pull-up at BW (bodyweight), rest 60 seconds between sets
*Each eccentric pull-up is done at a 5 second descent, with 5 second break between reps. Assist using partner, boxes or bands if necessary.
Volume (5-12 reps)
- OTM 6: 35% of Max Rep Set
*I.e. if your max rep set was 10 reps, you will perform 3-4 strict pull-ups on the minute for 6 minutes.
Weighted (12+ reps)
- 5 Sets: Max Reps (-2) @ BW+ 12.5%, rest 90 seconds between sets
*Example: I weigh 185 pounds and performed 12+ reps on the test, so I will do 5 sets of max rep strict weighted pull-ups with an additional 23 pounds (use kettlebells, plates, etc.). The (-2) means stay 2 reps shy of failure – shoot for 5+ reps each set but do not go to failure each round.
- Run x 100m
- Jump Rope Single x 40
- Burpee x 4
- Single Arm Dumbbell Push Press x 20 (10/side)
- Run x 100m
- Double Under x 40
- Single Arm Kettlebell Shoulder to Overhead (53/35) x 20 (10/side)
- Couch Stretch, 2 Min/side – we’ll be squatting tomorrow : )
- Foam Roll Lats 5 Mins
- Downtown Chili Showdown – Join us for a simply amazing day to support the kids and families of the Ronald McDonald House Charity Charlottesville! See the FB Event to RSVP and get more information.
- Gymnastics Class is back this week, Friday at 5:45PM! Class will be held every other Friday until the end of May. See our online scheduler for our up-to-date class schedule.