Hey CF Cville! Our friends at CrossFit SAW in Fishersville are hosting a fundraising event to support the Semper Fi Fund to honor the memory of a local marine, Sean Webster – Please read about the event on their Facebook page here. Let’s get a big crew to show our support at this event! Email Scott if you have any questions. The workout can be scaled to your ability as needed, so anyone can join in!
Part 1: Pull-up Work, Week 2 Day 2:
Eccentric (0-4 reps)
- 4 Sets: 3-4 x Eccentric Pull-up at BW (bodyweight) + 2.5%, rest 60 seconds between sets
*Each eccentric pull-up is done at a 5 second descent, with 5 second break between reps. Assist using partner! If you cannot maintain a 5 second descent, either use a partner or lessen the number of reps. If possible, add 2.5% of your bodyweight using weights. (i.e. if you weight 150, add 3-4 pounds.)
Volume (5-12 reps)
- Every 30 Seconds for 12 Sets: 15% of Max Rep Set
*I.e. if your max rep set was 10 reps, you will perform 1-2 strict pull-ups every 30 seconds for 6 minutes (12 total sets).
Weighted (12+ reps)
- 5 Sets: Max strict weighted pull-ups (-2) @ BW+ 15%, rest 90 seconds between sets
*Example: I weigh 185 pounds and performed 12+ reps on the test, so I will do 5 sets of max rep strict weighted pull-ups with an additional 28 pounds (use kettlebells, plates, etc.). The (-2) means stay 2 reps shy of failure on any given set – if possible, go for at least 5 reps each set.
4 Sets for Max Reps, 40 Seconds ON, 20 Seconds OFF:
- Slam Ball (25/15)
- Row (Calories)
- Burpee Box Step Up (18/12)
5 Sets for Max Reps, 40 Seconds ON, 20 Seconds OFF:
- Power Clean (185/135)
- Row (Calories)
- Burpee Box Jump (24/20)
SHARE EQUIPMENT if necessary! If large class, up to 3 people can share the same rower, box, and barbell. If this is the case, each person will start on a different movement and cycle through. Work for 40 seconds at each station, and then rest/transition for 20 seconds. Keep track of total reps and cals on rower (reset the rower each time you get back on it).
- Downtown Chili Showdown – Join us for a simply amazing day to support the kids and families of the Ronald McDonald House Charity Charlottesville! See the FB Event to RSVP and get more information.
- Gymnastics Class is back this week, Friday at 5:45PM! Class will be held every other Friday until the end of May. See our online scheduler for our up-to-date class schedule.
- Our friends at CrossFit SAW in Fishersville are hosting a fundraising event to support the Semper Fi Fund to honor the memory of a local marine, Sean Webster – Please read about the event on their Facebook page here. Let’s get a big crew to show our support at this event! EmailScott if you have any questions.