Part 1: Pull-up Work, Week 3 Day 1:
Eccentric (0-4 reps)
- 4 Sets: 5 x Eccentric Pull-up at BW (bodyweight) + 2.5%, rest 60 seconds between sets
*Each eccentric pull-up is done at a 5 second descent, with 5 second break between reps. Assist using partner! If you cannot maintain a 5 second descent, either use a partner or lessen the number of reps. If possible, add 2.5% of your bodyweight using weights. (i.e. if you weight 150, add 3-4 pounds.)
Volume (5-12 reps)
- OTM 7: 35% of Max Rep Set + 1
*Add 1 rep to your normal 35% set, an perform this number of strict pull-ups on the minute for 7 minutes
Weighted (12+ reps)
- 6 Sets: Max Reps (-2) @ BW+ 7.5%, rest 90 seconds between sets
*The (-2) means stay 2 reps shy of failure – shoot for 5+ reps each set but do not go to failure each round.
4 Rounds for Time:
- Hang Power Clean x 10
- Burpee x 10
5 Rounds for Time:
- Power Clean (115/85) x 10
- Burpee over the bar x 10
*2 footed take-off and landing on burpees. Be careful about dropping bars from shoulder if class is large, as bars can bounce.
- Tabata Plank (add weight if possible) – 8 rounds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off
- Our friends at CrossFit SAW in Fishersville are hosting a fundraising event to support the Semper Fi Fund to honor the memory of a local marine, Sean Webster – Please read about the event on their Facebook page here. Let’s get a big crew to show our support at this event! EmailScott if you have any questions.