Pull-up Work, Week 6 Day 1 (Final Week):
Eccentric (0-4 reps)
- 6 Sets: 5 x Eccentric Pull-up at BW (bodyweight) + 2.5%, rest 60 seconds between sets
*Each eccentric pull-up is done at a 5 second descent, with 5 second break between reps. Assist using partner! If you cannot maintain a 5 second descent, either use a partner or lessen the number of reps. If possible, add 2.5% of your bodyweight using dumbbells or plates.
Volume (5-12 reps)
- OTM 10: 35% of Max Rep Set + 1
*Add 1 rep to your normal 35% set, an perform this number of strict pull-ups on the minute for 9 minutes
Weighted (12+ reps)
- 7 Sets: Max Reps (-2) @ BW+ 10%, rest 90 seconds between sets
*The (-2) means stay 2 reps shy of failure – shoot for 5+ reps each set but do not go to failure each round.
**This is the final week, and it’s a lot of volume so don’t get discouraged if you are having trouble completing the sets as written! Scale things back if you need to (i.e. if you fail a set on the volume work, take a minute off and then get back on it). Do your best! We’ll retest next week.
- Run x 600m
- Wall Ball (12/6) to 9′ x 50
- Burpee x 40
- V-Up x 30
- AMRAP DU Attempts or Singles in Remaining Time
- Run x 800m (or Row x 1000m)
- Wall Ball (20/14) x 60
- Burpee x 50
- Toe to Bar x 40
- AMRAP Double Unders in Remaining Time
*Record total # of DU. If you do not make it to the DU record where you finished by the time cap.