Please note the gym will open at 9AM for “Murph” on Monday. A warm-up will be written on the board and a trainer will be there to help everyone get set up and go over movement standards and scaling options. We will run two heats of the workout – 930AM and 10AM. If you would rather start the workout at 10AM, you do not need to be there right at 9AM but make sure you get in with enough time to warm up. Thanks!
- Run 1 Mile
- Pull-up x 100
- Push-up x 200
- Air Squat x 300
- Run 1 Mile
- Compare to last year
- Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and air squats as needed (i.e. 20 rounds of “Cindy”)
- Wear a 20lb vest if you have it.
- Consider scaling to “Half-Murph” if first time doing this workout: 800m run, 50/100/150, 800m run.
- Make recovery a priority this week.
- Feel free to bring a friend or come in if you are not a member as this is open to anyone daring enough to take it on!
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, NY, who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites, and he’d named it ‘Body Armor.’ From here on it will be referred to as ‘Murph’ in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is.
1 Mile Route:
From the gym: 1) Turn left out of the parking onto Belleview Ave. 2) Turn left onto River Rd. 3) Run along River Rd until you get to River Ct. 4) Turn around and run back to gym.