UPLIFT – Pure Strength and Power for Women – is a 6-week strength class specifically designed for women who are interested in taking their athletic performance to the next level. Get experienced coaching in a small group environment (max of 10 participants), and see real results in 6 weeks.
What can you expect from the program?
- Six 90 minute classes (class meets every Saturday from 9:00-10:30AM)
- Two additional days of supplemental workout programming each week to be done on your own or with the guidance of a coach during our regularly scheduled strength class (18 total workouts)
- Movement screening (performed before the start of the program)
- Mobility work specific to your needs
Experience results through improvement of technique, measurable strength gains and increased speed and power. Benefit from a personalized movement screening, individualized coaching and supplemental programming in a small group setting.
Who can join? What’s the cost?
UPLIFT is open to all women who range from beginner to advanced athletes. The class is limited to 10 participants and admission will be taken on a first come, first serve basis.
Members of CrossFit Charlottesville – $99 (you will need to request a coupon code prior to checking out if you are a member)
Non-Members – $169 with access to the strength room twice a week during the following times: Tuesday/Thursday 6:30-8:00PM, Sunday 11-12:30PM (alternate times available upon request)
CrossFit Charlottesville – Located at 1309 Belleview Avenue off of River Road
September 16 at 6:00PM: Kick-off potluck and Movement Screening
September 17 – October 22, 2016: Class meets each Saturday from 9:00AM to 10:30AM
- Dynamic warm-up
- Individualized technique work, focusing on proper form and mindset
- Challenging strength workout, which may include partner work, intervals, and circuits
- Cool-down with mobility work
Participants will receive a 6-week supplemental training program that includes 2 additional strength workouts per week designed to compliment the class programming. These additional workouts can be done during C-ville Strength class times. C-ville Strength meets every Tuesday/Thursday from 6:30PM-8:00PM, and Saturday/Sunday from 11:00AM-12:30PM. If you are unable to complete any supplement training during this class time, there are other times available when you can do the work in an un-coached session. Please email us if this is the case!
- Movement screen performed by class coach (to be preformed at the Kick-off Potluck)
- 3RM performed within the last 3 months for deadlift, front squat and standing military/strict press
- Maintaining a workout log/journal throughout the program
- Must be able to attend at least 5 of the 6 classes
Meet the Coach!
- Certified Personal Trainer (NASM)
- Certified Olympic Weightlifting Coach (USAW)
- StrongWoman Coach
- StrongWoman athlete who has medaled in every competition she has entered
- Qualified to compete in 2016 StrongWoman National Competition – N.A.S.
- Qualified to compete in 2017 StrongWoman National Competition – U.S.S.
- Qualified to compete in 2016 Women’s Pro World Competition – U.S.S
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “UPLIFT” in the subject line. Thanks!
“I am so glad I had the opportunity to participate in UPLIFT. The program didn’t end on the weekend, it incorporated weekly workouts and gave us the ability to track our progress which I greatly appreciated. It was always exciting to do something new, outside of the regular lifting, such as flip the tire or pull the sleds. Over the weeks, I could see a considerable difference in my lifts and experienced great gains! I highly recommend the program, Dominique is very knowledgeable about lifting techniques and extremely supportive.”
“Dominique is so much more than a trainer; she exudes pure passion and true dedication in everything she does, which I absolutely saw translated throughout our training together. Her motivation and ability to get the best out of everyone around her is unreal. She pushed me to do things I never thought were possible, without even realizing how much work I put in – because every second of the training was so much fun.”
“Working out with Dominique on a weekly basis caused a dramatic change in my outlook on fitness and my own personal body image. She provided constant encouragement and her enthusiasm was infectious; I found myself pushing myself much further than I typically would just because she made me think I could – and she was right! Dominique made me realize that it didn’t matter what other people were doing, but when I stepped up to the platform it was all about what I could do and how to push myself… I couldn’t be more grateful to Dominique for forcing me out of my comfort zone and into her world of female empowerment, where anything was possible if you were willing to work for it.”