As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
- 5 L-Pullups
- 10 Deadlifts (185# Men / 135# Women)
Happy Labor Day Weekend!
WOD for Time:
- 21 Thrusters (133# Men / 89# Women)
- 9 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls (89 # Men / 67 # Women)
- 15 Thrusters
- 15 SDHP
- 9 Thrusters
- 21 SDHP
Scale as needed.
Jason late into a nasty situp set.
Today is a Free Day, so stop by for a free workout between 4:30PM and 7PM to learn some very important gymnastics fundamentals taught by Gretchen in the afternoon. Even if you are really tired, you need to attend the afternoon session to learn the gymnastics fundamentals!
30-30 interval (rowing, wall balls, mountain climbers). 6 rounds of each movement; 30 seconds of work followed by 30 seconds of rest. Score is total number of reps; row for calories.
Gymnastics Fundamentals WOD
3 rounds of 30 second hollow rock (or hold if can’t rock); 30 arch hold/rock, 30 rest.
Gymnastics Fundamentals Information
Want to know more about gymnastics fundamentals? Gretchen was kind enough to write some notes to me which were too good to not publish:
In terms of gymnastics fundamentals, being able to find and maintain a hollow body position is one of the most basic and important building blocks needed to learn harder skills. One of the most common mistakes when people do handstands is being too arched, so teaching a hollow body position on the ground first will enable people to understand what the position feels like and then allows them to engage that body position when they are actually inverted. Read More
It’s not too late to sign up! Remember to bring your $10 cash for the lottery.
1 Rep Max Deadlift
- Run to Stop Sign (~700 M)
- 30 KB Swings (35# / 25# )
- 30 Burpees
- 30 Double Unders
- 30 Push Presses (45# / 35#)
- Run to Stop Sign (~700 M)
Update: Scoreboard Picture!!
Remember to put your name on the board for the performance/weightloss challenge. We will be starting the competition on Tuesday!
As many rounds in 20 minutes of:
- 5 Hand Stand Pushups (scale as needed)
- 10 Push Press (89# Men /67# Women)
- 15 Box Jump (24# / 18# )
The girls do deadlifts.
Today is a FREE DAY! Come with a friend or we’ll pair you up with someone for a team challenge.
Team Workout for Time:
- First Person Runs 400 Meters with Medicine Ball (20# Men / 14# Women)
- Second Person Rows 400 Meters
- When both have finished, move to Part 2
- First Person Does 25 Burpees
- Second Person Farmer Carries Weights with Finger Tips to Truck and Back (10KG Men / 5 KG Women)
- When both have finished, switch roles and complete burpees and another farmer carry. Then move to Part 3.
- First Person Rows 400 Meters
- Second Person Runs 400 Meters with Medicine Ball
- Time is marked when both people are done.
Can Brady and Mike maintain the team workout records?
5×5 Overhead Squats
Optional Mini WOD:
3 Rounds of:
- 20 Double Unders
- 20 Pushups
Does Gretchen beat Kyle in L-Pullups and by how many? We think she quit early to make Kyle feel good.
- Standard Warmup
- 50 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls
50-40-30-20-10 Reps for Time of:
- Double Unders
Remember, you’re invited to participate for free today. We’ll teach you the movements and introduce you to CrossFit. Stop by anytime between 4:30PM and 7PM for the fun. Bring a friend!
4 Rounds of:
- 4 Deadlifts at 85% of 1 Rep Max (If you don’t know your max, we’ll find a weight that works)
- Sprint to Truck (300M)
- 7 Burpees
Compare to 7/17/2009.
Little T demonstrates proper squat form.